With the ease of travel increasing and the cost of travel decreasing it’s no wonder individuals and families are taking more trips abroad. An annual-multi-trip travel insurance policy covers multiple trips taken in a twelve month period and is an option more frequent travellers are using. But when is it worth purchasing a multi-trip policy instead of a single trip policy?
While there is no clear answer to that question, as a general rule of thumb if you know that you will be travelling at least three times in a twelve month period it may be worth looking into multi-trip cover as it could end up the cheaper, and more convenient, option. Just always remember that levels of cover will vary by insurer so always check the policy meets your needs at a price you can afford.
So, for some individuals an annual-multi-trip policy can be a money saver and time saver, but there are some situations where this cover may not be ideal for everyone, examples include the following:
- Age – some multi-trip policies will have an age limit
- Families & Groups – sometimes group cover may work out cheaper
- Trip Duration – There is usually a time limit on the duration of your individual trips
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions – this will vary for insurers make sure you know requirements before purchasing.
- Dangerous Activities – this may include water sports, winter sports, and more – once again this will vary for insurers so always check the cover and restrictions.