Status Global Insurance websites include, but are not limited to:
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
We are registered as a data controller at the Information Commissioner’s office and we renew our registration every year. We are obliged under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) to protect and keep safe all information we hold about our clients.
– We must only use it for the purpose that it was given to us;
– We must have a legal reason for holding it;
– We must only retain the information we need, to provide the insurance cover required;
– We must make sure that the information we hold is accurate and remains so;
– We must not keep the information longer than is necessary.
Under the GDPR, all our clients, who have given us information about themselves have the following rights:
– The right to be informed abut what information is being held and what it is used for
– The right of access to the information
– The right to amend any information that is wrong or inaccurate
– The right to have the information deleted (also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’) – however if you do this it may invalidate or cancel the insurance policy we have provided
– The right to restrict what we do with the information
– The right to be given the information we hold about you electronically so that you can use easily move, copy or transfer it from one business to another in a safe and secure way.
– The right to object to our processing your information at all
– The right not to be subject to automated decision making including profiling
To request the details of the information we hold about you or exercise any of these rights you can call us on the telephone number on the website, email us or write us a letter, using the contact information on any of our websites. We will provide the information within a month of receiving the request and we will not make a charge.
What Information Is Collected?
We collect personal or sensitive information about you during your visits to our websites, by email communication and from telephone calls for the sole purpose of providing an insurance policy (a contract). Information that you have chosen to share with us, will be stored securely and will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. However, if you opt not to provide the personal information required for the purchasing process, we will not be able to provide you with the insurance policy you require.
Examples of Information We May Collect:
– Contact Information (name, phone number, email address, etc.)
– Demographic Information (Age, Gender, etc.)
Examples of How This Information May Be Used:
– Enable the purchase of an insurance product via any of our websites.
– Respond to any customer service enquiries, questions, concerns or complaints.
– To let you know about any changes to the policy you have purchased.
We may wish to use the information we have about you to contact you for other purposes:
– To send you information about similar products to the one you have purchased,
– To send information about other products we are able to provide
– To send newsletters
– For Research & Analysis
But we will not do any of the above without asking for your consent.
If you agree to receive information from Status Global Insurance – for example our newsletter and you decide that you no longer want to receive it, you can simply use the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email or you can contact us via our websites.
Your Information May Be Shared With Others In The Following Circumstances:
– When required by law;
– In the event our ownership changes (you will be notified in this event);
– With a contracted email service provider to send messages on our behalf;
– With third parties who provide or administer part or all of the service we provide;
Examples of third parties:
• IT consultants for the purpose of server maintenance and website development and testing;
• The agent or broker who has introduced you to the insurance policy you have purchased;
• The insurance company who underwrites the policy
• An independent broker with whom we are arranging insurance on your behalf;
• Emergency assistance providers, claims handlers, investigators and cost containment providers;
• Medical treatment providers;
• Legal and other professional advisers, regulatory and governmental bodies, police or any other official body to whom we are legally required to provide information.
If we need to share your information with any other third party we will obtain your consent before doing so.
We never give away or sell the names or email addresses of any customer, or other visitor to our site, to any other person or company for marketing purposes.
We are committed to the data security of our clients and website visitors. In order to prevent unauthorised access, ensure the correct use of information and maintain data accuracy, we have put in place appropriate electronic, physical, organisational and managerial procedures to keep the information we collect online, safe and secure. Credit and debit card payments are processed securely by our partner, Barclaycard for Business, thorough their platform and systems. We do not retain any card details.
Please note that Status Global Insurance websites are operated from the UK and so if you visit our websites from outside the UK there will necessarily be a cross-border transfer of personal information. By visiting any of our websites or communicating with us electronically you are confirming that you agree to these transfers. We do not transfer personal information outside the EU.
In the event of a serious data breach we will tell any client, who has been affected, about it as quickly as possible and without undue delay. We will confirm what information was accessed and how this might and what effect this might have. We will take action to prevent any further access and notify the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Websites accessed via links from the Status Global Insurance websites:
There may be other websites, which can be accessed via links from our websites – examples include: sites which offer useful information, such as the Foreign and Commonwealth Office – Know Before You Go site or independent websites offering other products that we think may be of interest to you.
If you have any questions, wish to make a comment or register a complaint please contact us on email@example.com.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.
Status Global Insurance is a trading name of Status Insurance Management Ltd. which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Their FCA number is 305697. Registered in England number 1785590.